Whatever you do, never do give up...

 Its been long I haven't written anything. I was a bit skeptical in the beginning about the institution I was doing Masters at, but somehow, I'm adjusting to it. I feel it is not so difficult after all to adjust to a new place with a different culture. I am enjoying it. But, surrounded by people who are pulling me down and an education system with immense competition, I am somehow managing to cope up with everything.

The main purpose I wanted to project here is that the amount of academic achievements one need to accomplish in order to get into a job or even a DPhil is immensely increasing day by day. I feel, living at a place which was supposedly a countryside in my school days, I am now lagging behind many others of my age, who lived in a metro city since childhood. And the pressure increases because time is limited now. Every other student like me would definitely know that a general graduate or post graduate degree is not enough now a days to get into a PhD like earlier. Bunch of different courses, dissertations with distinction, publications, internships, fellowships, a splendid SOP and many more criteria needs to be fulfilled. And yet after that there is no 100% guarantee that one is going to be selected. Criteria like knowing a different language, some work experience, etc. are optional, but definitely having them would put you before others. And scholarships are the biggest challenge now a days. 

I believe this is going to increase in the coming days as population increases and simultaneously, competition. I just hope that opportunities be also increased alongside because not every potential student have the resources to opt for all of these. Hope everyone gets into their desired colleges, universities, jobs and courses without hardships.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psychology of Ragging

Learning to be happy and coping with the fear of change

Experiencing mixed feelings about life